JANUARY 2011: My Surface Interval named one of the best scuba diving blogs

Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Scuba Diving Drysuit

I've ordered my new dry suit from Aquasport this week and I've gone for the "Suit of Choice".
Well almost!



I tried the Oceanic Aedura Black front loader and really wanted to like it but ended up with two problems. First I found it a faff to get on.
"It'll get easier with practice," I'm sure people will say.
And I'm sure it does.
But I never really wanted to be a contortionist (I don't think I'm supple enough for that). I just found it awkward to get on and could imagine students watching me fighting into my drysuit on a training course and questioning what kind of idiot was meant to be looking after them.

Secondly, I think you need to be a bit more broad shouldered and chested than I am (or leave the coathanger in) to really wear the frontloader well because of the way the zip runs.
I ended up with enough extra material across the front that I could have fitted Jordan's assets in as well.

That said, the Aerdura was incredibly warm and comfortable so I went for the tradional back zip instead. It only comes with one cargo pocket but, hey, can't have everything and I've gone for the neoprene sock and rock boot. Should have it by the end of the month.

No comments: