JANUARY 2011: My Surface Interval named one of the best scuba diving blogs

Friday, January 30, 2009

New Scuba Diving Dry Suit

Sorting out my kit after the weekend's fun at Dosthill, I realised why my feet were so cold - a small leak in my trusty Oceanic HD400 dry suit had left my boots more than a little damp.

I can't complain thought, it's been a great suit for the money and is perfect for new divers faced with trying to get kitted up.

I've been thinking of changing it for a while and rather than spend money on repairing a suit that has lasted me five years, I've decided to upgrade.

But, with so many suits on the market, the decision on what suit to have next has left me more than a bit confused.

Everyone of the instructors I assist rave about their DUI dry suit. While I can't disagree with the sentiment over the Aston Martin of dry suits, they are a tad expensive and, being American made, the price has just gone up due to the falling value of Sterling (even us divers are not immune from the credit crunch).

My thoughts have switched to another Oceanic, this time the trilaminate Aerdura Black. With a choice of traditional back zip or front loader, Oceanic are now also offering the option of neoprene socks with rock boots above the standard boot.

It also looks cool all in black.



Someone described it as the "suit of choice" recently and I have to agree when looking at my budget. So next month I'll have to go for a fitting and let you know how it feels.

But if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I enjoyed reading this article. Keep posting on your blog. I plan to buy scuba diving equipment for my entire family over the vacation period. Most of the sites were expensive. On the other hand, Divers Supply offers the best pricing on the top leading brand of scuba diving equipment. I was able to get my new scuba diving gear with the full manufacturer's warranty without spending too much of my hard-earned cash. As far as I know, they are the best option for anyone who enjoys scuba diving.